ESSA Bank & Trust believes in the value of open and honest communication and welcomes the opportunity for the public to make comments on social media platforms. However, we have established rules to maintain a “community-friendly” and “work-safe” site.
We reserve the right to remove comments and/or block users for the following reasons:
- Inappropriate words or phrases
- Off-topic or irrelevant content
- Any personal information
- Personal attacks
- Impersonations of another individual or company
- Language that is abusive toward the bank or other commentators
- Content that promotes hate or attacks groups of people based on ethnic, religious or other criteria
- Discussions of (or advocacy for) political or religious points-of-view
- Content that strays far off-topic from the original post
- Content deemed to not be legally appropriate
By submitting a comment on one of our social media platforms, you agree that the text of the comment is your own and does not reflect the views and opinions of ESSA Bank & Trust; and this site, ESSA Bank & Trust and its representatives are not liable for all repercussions and/or damages that might occur because of your post.
Simple tips to help protect your privacy online:
- Never open emails from unknown or untrusted sources. They may contain harmful viruses, rendering your computer or mobile device susceptible to intrusions.
Never provide personal information (social security number, bank account information, or where you bank for example) to a website or email claiming to be a financial institution. Chances are the website/email is a scam “phishing” for personal information.
- When banking online, make sure to routinely monitor your accounts for signs of fraud.
- To best ensure your personal information is safe, install virus protection software on your home computer and keep it updated. When storing backup copies of personal files and data at home, make sure they are password-protected. Before you dispose of your computer, make sure to remove all storage drives simply deleting your files is not advisable.
NOTE: ESSA Bank & Trust will never request bank account or personal information over the phone, online or in an email. If this happens to you, do not give out your information and please inform us immediately.
To report a suspicious phone call, email or social media message, please call ESSA Bank & Trust at 800-439-0715.