5 easy steps to moving your checking to ESSA Bank & Trust
Once you’ve opened your new ESSA checking account:
1. Stop using your old account.
- Don’t close it right away- allow two months for checks to clear.
2. Move your direct deposits to your new ESSA checking account.
- Use the enclosed Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization Form*.
For Social Security direct deposits, see the instructions inside or call the Social Security Administration at
3. Move your automatic payments or withdrawals to your new ESSA account.
- Use the enclosed Automatic Payment/Deposit Switch Form.
4. Add Bill Pay and Online Banking for complete online access to your new ESSA checking account.
- Before closing your old account, cancel each payee in your online bill pay service.
- Add each payee to Bill Pay at ESSA.
5. Finally, close your old account.
- Once all checks have cleared and direct deposits and payments have been transferred, send a written notice to close your old existing account using the Existing Account Closing form.*
*Once you have electronically downloaded this kit to your home computer, you can continue using your computer to fill out the accompanying IQ forms. Edit them as needed. and then save and print the completed documents for forwarding to ESSA Bank & Trust, your employer, or your current financial institution.